Here is the most current information from Janet Findley: Ho Ho O pdf (if the link is not active, click the post title to get an active link)
HO HO-O Saturday, Dec. 30, 2017 Mt. van Hoevenburg Cross Country Center, Lake Placid, NY Ski Orienteering and Snowshoe Orienteering Event Sponsored by EMPO and Olympic Regional Development Authority Organized by David Hunter and Janet Findlay Start Window 10 am – 1 pm Competitors must be finished by 3 pm Registration at the Cross (read more)
Our season opening event is scheduled for Sunday Dec.17th at Lapland Lake. Starts are from 11-1pm. Cost is the purchase of a trail pass. The end of year HO-HO-O event will be held at Mt. Van Hoevenberg on Dec 30 (not 31). EMPO will hold a backwoods Ski-O on Jan 20 at Partridge Run in (read more)
I am looking for any dates for Ski-O events this coming season that people have set or are planning. Below is a list of what I have so far. Mid-December – Lapland Lake December 31? – Lake Placid Try-It January 14 – Mendon Ponds January 27 – Mendon Ponds February 3&4 – Empire State Games (read more)
The World Masters Ski-O Championships are coming to Vermont in March 2018. Bulletin 1 is now published.
The event is confirmed for Sunday the 19th at Lapland Lake Nordic Center in Benson, NY. Starts will be between 11-2 or 12-2. We are working out the details. If you plan on competing, please send me your name, class in which you intend to compete, and SI stick number We need to have a (read more)
Final details are being worked out but we are tentatively set to contest the NYSSRA Ski-O Championship at Lapland Lake on Sunday March 19. Winter Storm Stella delivered and saved the day. We do not have the time nor manpower available to pull off a two day event unfortunately. All are welcome to compete and (read more)
Folks, the weather is not working with us. All of our potential sites will not have enough terrain open this weekend to host an event. We will push back to March 19th and try again.
Due to the recent rains and high winds, the local areas will freeze up hard before the weekend. They don’t think they will be able to groom most of their trails by the weekend so we will postpone until the next weekend or the next after that if possible. Pray for snow.
Due to the upcoming weather and Jr. Nationals at Mt. Van Hoevenberg the management will not allow any outside groups to race next weekend. We are considering our options. Stay tuned and remain flexible.