Thanks to the recent snowstorm, we are enjoying ideal mid-winter cross country ski conditions in Lake Placid. With more snow and seasonable temperatures in the forecast, conditions for the ESG Ski-O competitions should be superb! We have 2 races scheduled, one of which will be a Score-O format where competitors vie for the highest number (read more)
We received an invite from the NE folks about an upcoming event at Gunstock, NH Every competitor must have a Gunstock Nordic Trail Pass – purchase at the Nordic Center. Mention “Orienteering” to receive the special trail pass rate of $5 on Jan 22, versus the normal $17 trail fee. Orienteering registration, start and finish (read more)
Here are the tentative dates that I have so far. 12/18 Lapland Lake 1/15 Mendon Ponds 1/22 Buffalo area 2/4-5 Empire State Games – Lake Placid 2/11 TBD Rochester 3/4-5 NYSSRA Championships – Lake Placid Dave and Janet are planning a Try-It during the Christmas holiday season in Lake Placid.
This Saturday (the 5th and not the 7th) was to be the makeup day for last week’s cancellation. Conditions have not improved so we are forced to cancel. Next weekend is the US Nationals and I hope most of you can attend. If there is any snow after that, Eric will try an event at (read more)
This winter or lack thereof has forced us to postpone the event scheduled for Saratoga Biathlon Center on Saturday to March 7th. Eric is hopeful that things will turn in our favor by then. The Sunday event at Pineridge is still on but will be run as a Foot-O. If people want to ski, consider (read more)
It looks as if we have two venues for the weekend. Saturday 2/27 will be at Saratoga Biathlon Center and Sunday 2/28 at Pineridge XC Center. This will depend upon snow conditions. No prequalification is required due to the lack of events this season so far. For those who need lodging, the Saratoga-Albany area has (read more)
The Ski-O event scheduled for Feb. 13 has been postponed due to thin snow conditions. We will let you know if and when it is rescheduled.
The coming weather will determine whether we can hold the events in Lake Placid. All registration money is refundable so sign up so we can prepare for the proper number of maps. No prequalification is required. Hope for snow!
The event scheduled for Garnet Hill on the 17th has been postponed indefinitely. The weather forecast can not guarantee good trail conditions for an event. Registration is now open for the Empire State Games. The registration fee covers both Saturday and Sunday.
The recent rain has made the tentative Garnet Hill event even more tentative. The target date is Jan. 17th if we receive enough snow before then. I will keep you posted. The Empire State Games are shaping up with Saturday at the Cascade Ski Center and Sunday at Mt. Van Hoevenberg. Registration will open soon. (read more)