- Points are awarded based on the order of finish within a class, on the designated course for that class.
- If you are eligible for an age class assigned to the course you skied, you will receive points in that class. (e.g. a 55+ skier who skis the 19+ course will receive points in the 19+ class) If you are eligible for more than one of the age classes assigned to the course you ski, you must make sure that the class in which you wish to earn points is correctly recorded.
- If you are not eligible for any age classes assigned to the course you skied, it will be treated as a DNF even if you completed the course. The race still counts as one of the “starts” needed to qualify, but you must complete one additional course in the age class in which you wish to qualify for the Championships.
- Points earned in different classes are not combined. Bonus points are only awarded for completing 3+ races in the same class; races are not added across classes for the purpose of computing bonus points.
- No points are earned for a foot-O qualifier, but it counts as one of the “starts” needed to qualify.
- To qualify for the NYSSRA-Nordic Championships, you must complete at least one ski-O in the age class in which you intend to compete at the Championships and start at least one other ski-O (in any age class). You must also be a member of NYSSRA or an OUSA-chartered NY-based orienteering club (e.g. AOK, BFLO, CNYO, EMPO, HVO, ROC).
Have corrections, additional information (such as club affiliation), or questions? Contact stina dot bridgeman at gmail dot com.