There are twelve competitive classes – six age classes with separate divisions for men and women. Age is determined as of December 31, 2015. The age classes are:
- 16 and under (-16)
- 18 and under (-18)
- 19 and over (19+)
- 40 and over (40+)
- 55 and over (55+)
- 70 and over (70+)
At qualifying races, points will be scored for the first six places in each class and for completing three or more races in a single class:
- 1st – 10 points
- 2nd – 8 points
- 3rd – 6 points
- 4th – 4 points
- 5th – 2 points
- 6th – 1 point
- 1 bonus point awarded for finishing a third qualifying race
- 2 bonus points awarded for finishing a fourth qualifying race
- 3 bonus points awarded for finishing fifth and each additional race
- Points can be earned in multiple classes but will NOT be added together. Competitors are responsible to see that their times and points are correctly recorded in the class they intended to enter.
- A Ski-O Meet Director and a maximum of one additional event official (whose identity must be reported along with the Meet Results) receive credit for completing an event and 5 bonus points.
- The ski-O Points standings will be used to determine who qualifies for the NYSSRA – Nordic Championships. They will also determine the order of starts, with competitors having lower point totals starting earlier, and those with higher points starting later.
- NYSSRA “Season” recognition will be based on the accumulated points during the entire season including the doubled points for ESWG competition and double NYSSRA – Nordic Championship points.
Questions regarding these Rules should be directed to Chris Frielinghaus (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Points Standings, plus schedule updates and other relevant information, will be posted on the NYSSRA Nordic web site: http://skio.nyssranordic.org/. If they qualify, competitors must notify the committee chairman of their intent to compete at the NYSSRA-Nordic Championships prior to 10 days prior to the Championship 2015. The selection committee will choose the NYSSRA-Nordic Championships participants by the end of the day 10 days prior to the Championship 2015.
Ski-O Meet Directors: To help with timely posting of the standings, meet directors must e-mail results to Chris Frielinghaus (email@example.com) as soon as possible, preferably by Monday night after their event. More detailed reporting requirements will be provided to organizers. Among other reporting requirements, you must identify which of the following membership categories a participant is using to qualify for the NYSSRA – Nordic Championships:
- NYSSRA (Identify as “NYSSRA”. Entry fees for NYSSRA Championship qualifiers should include the $2 NYSSRA head tax. Within 10 days after the meet, directors must forward the head tax along with another copy of the results to NYSSRA Treasurer Lee Mahood, 4 Thomas Street, Woodstock, VT 05091.)
- a local NY orienteering club (Identify in which NY club the entrant is a “paid-up” member; this will be verified with club officials.)