This Saturday (the 5th and not the 7th) was to be the makeup day for last week’s cancellation. Conditions have not improved so we are forced to cancel. Next weekend is the US Nationals and I hope most of you can attend. If there is any snow after that, Eric will try an event at Lapland. Maybe we will finally get our snow in Mid-March.
This winter or lack thereof has forced us to postpone the event scheduled for Saratoga Biathlon Center on Saturday to March 7th. Eric is hopeful that things will turn in our favor by then. The Sunday event at Pineridge is still on but will be run as a Foot-O. If people want to ski, consider (read more)
Day 2 of the NYSSRA ski-o championships was planned to be at Pineridge XC, but due to a lack of snow, this will be a FOOT event. See the 2016 Pineridge Winter Event Notes and Rules for details on the event. Registration and starts 11-1. Preregistration is not required, but let Phil Hawkes-Teeter (email@example.com) know (read more)
Registration and starts 12-1, courses close at 2:30. Three courses: short, 2.8km straight line, 7 controls medium, 4.7km straight line, ~6km skiable distance, 11 controls long, 5.8km straight line, ~9.5km skiable distance, 15 controls Today was very much spring conditions (45-50F) and the snow was wet and slow. If it freezes overnight, it will be (read more)
In spite of nearly summer-like warmth today, there plenty of snow so there should be still be some left for tomorrow. Check back for course notes tonight.
Yay snow! 🙂 With today’s storm, I am hopeful that Sunday’s ski-o at Harriet Hollister will happen as (re-)scheduled. However, the current forecast calls for warming temperatures late in the week and so it remains to be seen what results from the storm and how cold it stays at the park. Stay tuned for updates…I’d (read more)
It looks as if we have two venues for the weekend. Saturday 2/27 will be at Saratoga Biathlon Center and Sunday 2/28 at Pineridge XC Center. This will depend upon snow conditions. No prequalification is required due to the lack of events this season so far. For those who need lodging, the Saratoga-Albany area has (read more)
The Ski-O event scheduled for Feb. 13 has been postponed due to thin snow conditions. We will let you know if and when it is rescheduled.
From the meet directors: We’ve had to make the tough decision to cancel the ESG ski-o events scheduled for this weekend. There is very little snow left in the area and with rain and more mild temperatures predicted for the next few days, it’s doubtful there will be any left by this weekend. All the (read more)
The coming weather will determine whether we can hold the events in Lake Placid. All registration money is refundable so sign up so we can prepare for the proper number of maps. No prequalification is required. Hope for snow!