From Phil Hawkes-Teeter, course setter: I finished setting the courses at Pineridge yesterday (Saturday), skiing on great snow. Today (Sunday) we are living in a blizzard. The week ahead appears to hold temperatures at or below freezing, with some possible snow showers. In other words, the skiing is/will-almost-certainly-be: fantastic. This is the best skiing we (read more)
Ski quick before the snow melts! From Doug Hall, course setter: Yes. Plan B for the Ski-O is … a Ski-O! Webster is receiving significant lake effect snow. I haven’t been over to the park yet today, but based on accumulation in the neighborhood, it looks very promising for skiing everywhere in the park. It (read more)
From the meet director: Because of the rain yesterday and more forecasted for the weekend the ski o is cancelled for 2017.
Sunday’s event will be run as a mass start with a 10am start time. Check in at the timing building across from the main lodge at the cross country center at Mt. Van Hoevenberg..
See the ROC web page (http://roc.us.orienteering.org/) for course notes and conditions updates.
Here are the start times for Saturday’s Race at Cascade Ski Center. Remember this is a classic equipment only race due to the narrow trails. Here is the start list for tomorrow. If possible please post but if it’s too inconvenient, don’t worry about it as there aren’t that many competitors. We have 5 more (read more)
2017 EMPIRE STATE GAMES SKI ORIENTEERING COURSE NOTES Please note: day of race entries will be accepted for a fee of $25 per race. Post entrants will not be eligible for medals nor for ESG clothing. Saturday, Feb. 4 Cascade Ski Touring Centre 4833 Cascade Road (Rte 73), Lake Placid, NY Cascade is a small, (read more)
The deadline for the Empire State Games Ski-O events is Wednesday at noon. Do not delay! The conditions are great.
Thanks to the recent snowstorm, we are enjoying ideal mid-winter cross country ski conditions in Lake Placid. With more snow and seasonable temperatures in the forecast, conditions for the ESG Ski-O competitions should be superb! We have 2 races scheduled, one of which will be a Score-O format where competitors vie for the highest number (read more)
From Phil Hawkes-Teeter, course setter: I went to Pineridge Thursday, and the skiing was actually pretty decent. But, I am postponing the event anyway. It has been raining off-and-on, and also been quite warm, and I could already see signs of the existing snow deteriorating (open water, rocks, the corduroy crossing the marsh was almost (read more)